Idea behind this blog to walk through the auto build of docker image in docker hub for Spring boot application.
Note:- This method is not production level , so use it for staging or development phase only.
(Why it is not suitable for production ?)
[As we have to push the jar to the git repository, to reduce few steps.]
Technology Stack Used
* Spring Boot [1.4.1 Release]
* Java 8
* Maven 2
* Bit Bucket
* Docker Hub
* Docker Hub Account
* Bit Bucket Account
* Minimum knowledge of Spring boot and Java
* Link Bit Bucket to Docker Hub. CLICK HERE for the reference.
1.Create Spring boot Application Capable of creating docker image
* Create simple spring boot application with web module.[CLICK HERE to create using spring start.io or get it from BIT-BUCKET repo (master branch)].
* Add Simple test controller to the Spring Project or check out to the branch controller-test.
* Add Docker support to your current spring boot application or check out to branch docker-support. [To learn how to add docker support to spring boot application you check this blog.]
2. Create New Repository and link for auto creation of image
1. Go to docker hub and click on create -> create automatic build
2. Click on create Auto-build bit-bucket
3. Select the desired bit bucket repository
4. Fill required information and click on create.
5. Go to build setting and provide the branch name from which image should be created and save changes.
6. Click on build details , it will be empty right now
7. Make Some changes in that particular branch and push it to the Origin.
8. Now again check the build details tab , there will be new entry populated with status queued.
9. Wait for some time its status will be change to building then success.
10. Now your docker image is ready to use.
3. Test created docker image
1. Now pull the docker image
2. Run the docker image with command [docker run –name docker.test -d -p 8088:8080 jainamit333/docker.demo:docker-support]
3. Navigate to http://localhost:8088/docker/test.It will show the desired result.